My bike

This is certainly going to be my favourite topic. Yes, my bike; boy I love it. I have had 2 bikes till date and I have loved them equally. My first bike was Suzuki Max 100 in which I had learnt how to ride (a bike), gone to tuition in school days and then to college apart from roaming. If I have to define endurance and reliance, it definitely has to be my first bike. He would never let me down. Technically, my first bike was my dad's but still I felt he was my own. When my dad sold the bike, I couldn't do anything - well he (bike) was pretty old by then. The bike had done his best in his lifetime with us. Before selling, my dad had rode the bike all the way to and from his native place Nagalapuram, a village in Andhra south-east of Tirupati.
Now why am I calling my bike as 'he' - according to some theory, all vehicles are she (feminine) right ?!! Well, according to my theory any vehicle made for a man (male) is also a man, say splendor, yamaha r15 and only the vehicles specific for women are feminine, say Scooty.
I currently own a Splendor Plus. He is equally good to his elder brother. Its been over 3 years with my Splendor now. He is always a smooth ride and never gives up on me. Even if he goes down on a puncture, it'd be near a puncture shop - believe me it has happened before. He is the only person who has heard me sing for long and has to live with it at the same time. ;) May sound stupid, but I also speak to him at times - thanking for bringing me home safely, apologise for riding into a bump. After every fuel refill, I'd give him a look as if to ask "are you happy now". What, am I crazy - may be, but mentally sound; but small things like these make my bond stronger with my bike. I feel happy that I have found a way to show my gratitude to my bike. On that note, let me end this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...